- “Look at her nose twitch! She is scared!”
- ―Travis antagonizing Judy
Travis is about Judy Hopps' size (when the two are children) and considerably smaller than Gideon. He has scraggly brown fur, a black "mask" over his brown eyes and twisted whiskers. His outfit consists of a white shirt and red shorts.
Travis is shown to be a rude and annoying bully. He is also a coward, as seen when he shrinks away from Judy as she approaches, yet joins Gideon's side when he realizes that Gideon has the upper hand. He also appears to be somewhat smarter than Gideon, as seen when he corrects the fox's mispronunciation of "DNA", much to Gideon's annoyance.
As a cowardly and fairly small mammal, Travis appears to enjoy the protection of Grey as they go around ruthlessly bullying their peers, especially rabbits, and other prey animals, though Gideon tends to be the one doing most of the work.
Role in the Film
Travis is only shown at the beginning of the film at The Carrot Days Festival, standing near Gideon and snickering as Gideon snatches the other young animals' fair tickets, then urging Gideon on as he bullies young Judy.
- According to the official script, Travis was originally a "wolf henchman kid", and was a separate character from the "weasel kid" that sat next to Gideon during Judy's stage play.
- Travis is very similar to Duke Weaselton, in both appearance and personality. This is why many people think Travis didn't follow Gideon's path and became good, but became a criminal in Zootopia and changed his name into 'Duke' (because they are different kind of species, this is impossible).
- Travis is the only ferret to appear in the film.